Why was my identity (ID) document not verified?
Your ID document verification may fail for a number of reasons, including:
- The photo on your ID document doesn't match the self-portrait you uploaded.
- The photo of your ID document was not clear and the data could not be read.
- You attempted to upload an unsupported document.
- You didn't upload photos of both sides, front and back, or your ID document.
- Your ID document is expired.
Here are some tips to help you get through the process:
- Ensure there is no glare or shadows over the photos
- Use high quality photos taken with a smartphone camera or DSLR; do not use a scan
- Place the ID document against a contrasting background and leave some room around the card
If the tips above do not help you, please email censored photos to firstname.lastname@example.org for further analysis. Please censor any sensitive information as this will not be a manual review; our support team will only try to determine why the data provider is not able to verify them automatically.